I love London. It’s my home away from home and having lived there for several years I‘ve had my fair share of celebrity experiences. My favourite, from when I was waitressing my way around London, was when Luke Evans, who played Gaston in Beauty and the Beast, sung to me while I took his bill payment.
There’s nothing quite like rubbing shoulders with an A-List crowd, especially when that’s coupled with great food, wine and cocktails. With one of the highest concentrations of celebrity residence, London is the perfect place to hit the town and mingle with the stars. But remember to keep your cool with celebrities and enjoy the moment, because no one wants to be signing autographs while sipping an Espresso Martini. So, if you’re a food lover, a wine drinker and a celebrity hunter then check out this list of 7 Places to Wine and Dine with A-Listers in London!
Photo courtesy of Quaglino’s
1. Hands up who loves sushi? Hands up who loves a bit of South American spice? Then get your butts to Nobu immediately for traditional Japanese sushi dishes with just the right amount of South American flair. Run by renowned Japanese Chef Nobu Matsuhisa in partnership with restaurateur Drew Neporent, hotel owner Christina Ong and none other than Academy Award Winner Robert De Niro, it’s easy to see why the A-Listers like Kylie Jenner, Selena Gomez and Kelsea Ballerini flock here.
2. A fan of the colour pink? If you’re not yet, you soon will be! The Gallery at Sketch is a gloriously pink tearoom and cocktail lounge in London’s West End. Taking its name from the 300 plus sketched artworks that line the walls, The Gallery at Sketch has entertained the likes of Taylor Swift, Gigi Hadid and Elton John. If it’s good enough for Elton John, its good enough for me! But if pink really isn’t your thing, then check out the other three rooms at Sketch; The Parlour, The Glade or The Lecture Room & Library, all with their own unique design. Be sure to pop to the bathrooms… and take your phone… no spoilers but its unlike anything you’ve ever seen. Just remember, the dress code is “Art Smart” so show off you style and character (but if your style involves shorts, leave them at home as shorts are a big no no!).
3. If you want style, glamour and pizazz while you’re adventuring around London, then there is only one place for you: Quaglino’s. With dinner to die for, bespoke cocktails and live music every week it’s no wonder Quaglino’s has been a hotspot for stars and royalty, like Judy Garland, Benedict Cumberbatch, Angelina Jolie, Princess Diana, Prince Philip and the Queen of England. Even Princess Margaret had a permanent table reservation.
4. Dating back to 1917, The Ivy is a quintessential English restaurant with one hell of a celebrity guest list! With celebrities like Dame Maggie Smith, Kathleen Turner, Madonna, David and Victoria Beckham, Emma Thompson, Kate Hudson, Laurence Olivier and Viviane Leigh all wining and dining here over the last 100 years, The Ivy must be doing something right! Geri Halliwell even checked her dog into coat check and Princess Diana was permitted to break the ‘can’t bring your own cake’ rule. With a recent face-lift and instalment of a members only bar, The Ivy continues to be a draw card for the rich and famous.
5. If you’re a fan of mouth-watering food, Cara Delevingne, Amy Schumer, Bradley Cooper, Orlando Bloom and Kate Moss then Chiltern Firehouse, headed by Michelin star chef Nuno Mendes, is the place for you. With the food and celebrity cliental being on point, it’s always difficult to get a table here, but it’s absolutely worth giving it a red hot go! Not only a restaurant but a five-star hotel, Chiltern Firehouse has 26 stylish bedrooms and suites and offers a personal concierge to its guests, surpassing all expectations of fine service.
Photo courtesy of Chiltern Firehouse
6. Sexy Fish (what a name!) began in 2015 with Rita Ora belting it out at the launch party. With Rita’s pipes welcoming the restaurant into being, how could it not be a celebrity hangout?! Combining Asian cuisine and innovative décor, Sexy Fish has become a destination bar for models, rock stars and celebrities from all over the world. Amal Alamuddin (Clooney), Goldie Hawn, Kendall Jenner and Bella Hadid are all fans of Sexy Fish. Vogue editor, Anna Wintour, even holds a silver key with the Sexy Fish V.I.P. hotline engraved on it. It’s time to get involved in the glitz, glam and outrageous gold décor at Sexy Fish.
7. Where can you find the ultimate hub for creative souls? In Shoreditch, of course! An endlessly cool area of London, you’re bound to bump into a chart topper or Oscar winner here. The best place to go is Shoreditch House. Shoreditch House is one of many famous ‘Houses’ set up in the UK, Berlin, New York, West Hollywood, Miami, Chicago, Toronto, Istanbul and Barcelona. What’s so special about it, you might ask? Well, the original ‘House’, Soho House, set things in motion in 1995 as a members-only club that is a little different from the rest. Rather than focusing on wealth and prestige, as other members-only clubs often do, members of Shoreditch House predominantly work in the creative industries across film, fashion, advertising, music, art and media. To become a member, an application is required. There are five memberships available: Local House, Every House, Under 27 Local House, Under 27 Every House and Child membership. Local Membership to Shoreditch House will give you full access to the bars, restaurants, gym, the spa, screening room, rooftop swimming pool and events. With Princess Beatrice, Ryan Gosling and Stella McCartney as members, it’s time to bring on your creative energy and apply to become an exclusive member of Shoreditch House or better yet, a member of Every House. If you’re not a creative, fear not! Just opt to stay at the hotel and you will be able to mingle with them and talk shop instead.
So, what are you waiting for? It’s time to suit up and time to bust out that dress you’ve been saving for a special occasion and head out on the town in London. You never know who you might end up sitting next to!